Sunday, February 28, 2021

DECIPHERING DREAMS – QUARANTINED CLOSE TO HOME

This post is a continuation of my series on dreams.

I see myself and my wife being detained at a point that is just a kilometre and a half from our home. In fact, this is on the top of a flyover on the side of the centre expanse. We have been asked to stay in one of the many tents setup there by the authorities. I believe that this is a quarantined zone due to the coronavirus spread. I see policemen and doctors walking around. I try pleading to them that our home is just close by and that my daughter is alone at home but they don’t give me an ear. I see that my chest is bare and that I am looking for some clothing to cover myself.

My wife is much more tense than me and gets into an altercation with the authorities, but they still don’t heed. Here too I see myself anxiously answering my mobile phone, logging into my laptop and working with it inside the tent. I anxiously check my mails to see if there is anything that I had missed out in the middle of these happenings.

When I wake up in the morning, I am happy that life is normal and that all I had gone through was just another dream. I have two big anxieties today, one being the thought of my daughter leaving me one day for her higher studies and subsequently for her career and the other being my performance in my job. And I could connect the images that I saw in my dream in some form to these anxieties.




FOR MY WRITINGS, PLEASE VISIT THE LINKS BELOW (FREE ON KINDLE UNLIMITED):

POEMS OF LOST LOVE

Poetry book 'INDELIBLE ETERNAL ETCHINGS':

https://www.amazon.in/INDELIBLE-ETERNAL-ETCHINGS-emotions-unbridled-ebook/dp/B072J4L656/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=indelible+eternal+etchings&qid=1583428166&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/INDELIBLE-ETERNAL-ETCHINGS-emotions-unbridled-ebook/dp/B072J4L656/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=indelible+eternal+etchings&qid=1583428402&sr=8-1

STORIES

Short Story book 'A PEARL FROM EVERY OYSTER':

https://notionpress.com/read/a-pearl-from-every-oyster

https://www.amazon.in/Pearl-Every-Oyster-Stories-Shorter/dp/1948473151/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3GI23X9JIKQGK&keywords=a+pearl+from+every+oyster&qid=1583428674&sprefix=A+Pearl+from%2Caps%2C302&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/Pearl-Every-Oyster-Stories-Shorter-ebook/dp/B07948GRVC/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1H9GU3Q8JNH29&keywords=a+pearl+from+every+oyster&qid=1583428722&sprefix=a+pearl+from+ev%2Caps%2C363&sr=8-1

For other countries, please visit the respective Amazon sites.

2 comments:

GR said...

Very nicely written Roy , you have created a powerful scene for a big budget movie .
Helicopter shot on flyover with many tents; police and doctors roaming around …wow.

Roy Cherian Cherukarayil said...

Thanks GR:) I wish my books came out as movies with powerful scenes in them.