Monday, February 15, 2021

THE MIND OF A PARENT

It was almost ten years after we had constructed our first floor that we had put some thought into using our balcony effectively. For all these years, it had remained closed and we would just open it to clean once in a few weeks.




What motivated us to give our balcony a facelift, was the thick growth of bamboo from our ground floor garden, that covered almost three fourths of the balcony and that gave us both shade and privacy. A variety of tiny birds had already made their homes in this bamboo growth and we feel blessed to have a singing ensemble everyday.

Every morning, before I open the balcony door, I peep through its window with my morning coffee, to have a view of the outside. Spotting me through the window, the tiny birds, probably the parents, fly up from the bamboo branch and hang onto the chain of the balcony light, in a move to confront me. Here, size doesn't matter to them and they take me head on. They probably see me as a threat to their littles ones. I put myself in their shoes and tell myself that as a parent, I would have been no different.

The pictures of these little ones were shot by my little one.


FOR MY WRITINGS, PLEASE VISIT THE LINKS BELOW (FREE ON KINDLE UNLIMITED):

POEMS OF LOST LOVE

Poetry book 'INDELIBLE ETERNAL ETCHINGS':

https://www.amazon.in/INDELIBLE-ETERNAL-ETCHINGS-emotions-unbridled-ebook/dp/B072J4L656/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=indelible+eternal+etchings&qid=1583428166&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/INDELIBLE-ETERNAL-ETCHINGS-emotions-unbridled-ebook/dp/B072J4L656/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=indelible+eternal+etchings&qid=1583428402&sr=8-1

STORIES

Short Story book 'A PEARL FROM EVERY OYSTER':

https://notionpress.com/read/a-pearl-from-every-oyster

https://www.amazon.in/Pearl-Every-Oyster-Stories-Shorter/dp/1948473151/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3GI23X9JIKQGK&keywords=a+pearl+from+every+oyster&qid=1583428674&sprefix=A+Pearl+from%2Caps%2C302&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/Pearl-Every-Oyster-Stories-Shorter-ebook/dp/B07948GRVC/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1H9GU3Q8JNH29&keywords=a+pearl+from+every+oyster&qid=1583428722&sprefix=a+pearl+from+ev%2Caps%2C363&sr=8-1

For other countries, please visit the respective Amazon sites.

2 comments:

Jayaram said...

Very nice, I enjoyed that.

I posted my comment, not sure if it made it but here is what I said:

Nice choice of words, appreciate the deep thoughts and visuals from your little one!

Issac Thomas said...

Bros, good one. A lot to learn from the nature.