Sunday, February 14, 2021

A SMALL LAPSE OF FOCUS AND THE RECOVERY FROM IT

Today was the fourth death anniversary of my father and as is the normal practice, we had wanted to attend the morning church service and take communion(the bread and wine that is offered as a part of the sacrifice at church). To take part in this, we also had to attend a confession session that closes just before the start of the Sunday mass. 

I had had a sleepless night as the voltage was continuously fluctuating and the fan was speeding up and slowing down every five minutes. I had got ready pretty early and then waited for my family to dress up and get ready. The waiting went on for long and finally by the time we left home, we knew that we would not be able to make it for the confession session and therefore the plan to take communion also got closed.

I was in a disturbed frame of mind due to this and it was in this state that I had taken out my car onto the road in front of our home and was waiting for my family members to get in one by one. With my feet on the brake and hands on the steering, I was breathing heavily and I vented out my frustration on every member of my family as they got in. Once they were in and the doors were closed, I hit the accelerator pedal while still talking to them. That is where I lost my concentration and in those few seconds, my car hit a bike that had just tried to get through the gap between it and a parked car on my left. I was lucky and so was the driver of the bike that nothing serious happened. There were a few scrape marks on my car.

I told myself that I should keep my frustrations aside and focus in full while driving a vehicle. In the end, while I had attempted to vent out my frustration, I had only got more frustrated after this happening. But again, the more practical way to see it is that, frustrations are always going to be there as we cannot control the external environment, but a quick recovery from the frustrated phase to get back the focus is what is most important. And in this, I have to shamefully accept that I am still in my kindergarten.


FOR MY WRITINGS, PLEASE VISIT THE LINKS BELOW (FREE ON KINDLE UNLIMITED):

POEMS OF LOST LOVE

Poetry book 'INDELIBLE ETERNAL ETCHINGS':

https://www.amazon.in/INDELIBLE-ETERNAL-ETCHINGS-emotions-unbridled-ebook/dp/B072J4L656/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=indelible+eternal+etchings&qid=1583428166&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/INDELIBLE-ETERNAL-ETCHINGS-emotions-unbridled-ebook/dp/B072J4L656/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=indelible+eternal+etchings&qid=1583428402&sr=8-1

STORIES

Short Story book 'A PEARL FROM EVERY OYSTER':

https://notionpress.com/read/a-pearl-from-every-oyster

https://www.amazon.in/Pearl-Every-Oyster-Stories-Shorter/dp/1948473151/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3GI23X9JIKQGK&keywords=a+pearl+from+every+oyster&qid=1583428674&sprefix=A+Pearl+from%2Caps%2C302&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/Pearl-Every-Oyster-Stories-Shorter-ebook/dp/B07948GRVC/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1H9GU3Q8JNH29&keywords=a+pearl+from+every+oyster&qid=1583428722&sprefix=a+pearl+from+ev%2Caps%2C363&sr=8-1

For other countries, please visit the respective Amazon sites.

No comments: