Tuesday, February 16, 2021

THE YEARNING FOR NORMALCY

Today was the first time, since February 2020, that I set out for a walk on the same path that I used to take while walking back to my home from where my company shuttle would drop me after work everyday. Life I thought had returned to normal or at least my impression was that our people wanted to desperately see it that way. 

I could see many move around without masks. When we are shut away for a long time from a normal life that we have been leading and then when things are slowly opened up for us, every piece of freedom we get and every ounce of life we get back, is like something we were made to yearn for long and then given.


This is the beauty of life. Today, we become happy when we get back even the small things in life. I was very happy to have walked for about four kilometres around my home. I thought it was a freedom that I had yearned for long and got back and I enjoyed every ounce of it. During times of crisis, we taste the real value of small things by going through a time when we are made to wait and yearn for them.

When I returned home and shared my experience with my better half, she reminded me that it was not a good idea to walk on the streets as yet, as the virus would still be in the air with someone's cough or sneeze happening now and then. She advised me to continue using the park close to our house, when the crowd was scanty, for my walking stints.

So now, that yearning for a free walk on the streets around my house, has again returned and it's going to remain and burn in me for long till normalcy returns.





FOR MY WRITINGS, PLEASE VISIT THE LINKS BELOW (FREE ON KINDLE UNLIMITED):

POEMS OF LOST LOVE

Poetry book 'INDELIBLE ETERNAL ETCHINGS':

https://www.amazon.in/INDELIBLE-ETERNAL-ETCHINGS-emotions-unbridled-ebook/dp/B072J4L656/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=indelible+eternal+etchings&qid=1583428166&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/INDELIBLE-ETERNAL-ETCHINGS-emotions-unbridled-ebook/dp/B072J4L656/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=indelible+eternal+etchings&qid=1583428402&sr=8-1

STORIES

Short Story book 'A PEARL FROM EVERY OYSTER':

https://notionpress.com/read/a-pearl-from-every-oyster

https://www.amazon.in/Pearl-Every-Oyster-Stories-Shorter/dp/1948473151/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3GI23X9JIKQGK&keywords=a+pearl+from+every+oyster&qid=1583428674&sprefix=A+Pearl+from%2Caps%2C302&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/Pearl-Every-Oyster-Stories-Shorter-ebook/dp/B07948GRVC/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1H9GU3Q8JNH29&keywords=a+pearl+from+every+oyster&qid=1583428722&sprefix=a+pearl+from+ev%2Caps%2C363&sr=8-1

For other countries, please visit the respective Amazon sites.

No comments: