Wednesday, March 3, 2021

UNSEEN TEARS

 



When the sun is up and in full cry,
And I play the tough role of a parent,
Sometimes being too protective
And sometimes chiding for crossing thresholds,
Often challenging the limits of our temperament,
We retire hurt and with thorns in our heart.

But when the moon and the stars shine,
And my little one has surrendered on sleep’s altar,
I kneel close to her bed
And watch her beautiful face as she sleeps.
Tears trickle down my cheeks,
As I realize that how much ever I parade,
Like a tough parent throwing my weight around,
I am still a slave in front of her,
Who never wants to hurt her or see her cry.

©2021,Roy Cherian Cherukarayil

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good n touching one 👌👌👌

Anonymous said...

This piece is really beautiful. I felt as if it was written for me.

Abhishek Kumar Singh said...

Good one..and emotional

Vidya said...

Beautiful ��

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww so good!!!

Anonymous said...

When love comes between sparing the rod and spoiling the child.

Raj said...

Very true & caring makes us to feel that after the incident

Roy said...

Very true