Friday, July 31, 2020

CHANGI AIRPORT, SINGAPORE

While I was heading for Singapore, I was only thinking about the places I wanted to see inside the city. The time plan was that I had chalked out was also based on that.







I never knew that Changi Airport would turn out to be an artist's paradise. I think if I was travelling alone, I would have changed my plans and hung around the airport for a significant amount of time with my camera. But my family was with me and we had some relatives who had come to receive us waiting outside. And so, I had to move, setting aside my artistic thirst. In fact these metal sculptures were shot while we were on our return.




I found this shop in particular stunning. This is TWG tea company with its display of different tea varieties. Each type of tea is on display in a separate golden tin. TWG Tea is a Singaporean luxury teahouse chain. Established in 2007, this brand came in as a subsidiary of a Singaporean lifestyle company, The Wellness Group - from which the acronym, TWG, was derived.

This awesome tea shop is just one of the many entities here that would stun you.

Although as a family, we collectively claim that we saw Singapore, I believe this was a big miss. Changi Airport truly deserves a day's exploration and casual roaming. A lot more art work has been added since my last visit in 2018.

No comments: