Sunday, October 25, 2009

LAND AHOY!! LAND AHOY!!
















Land ahoy!!! Land ahoy!!!
My ship of life is heading for shore,
And as my dampened spirits rise in joy,
Gales of struggle I see no more.

The ship needed the lion-heart in me to steer,
Through obstacles that gushed in like a flood,
Transcending waves of barriers sans fear,
For through my veins run soldiers’ blood.

Never do I hesitate, never do I tarry,
To set off across the seas for barter in faraway lands,
For my dear ones need the returns that I carry,
Back home with my toiled hands.

I look up to the Almighty for courage,
When obstacles loom and opportunities are rare,
As my dear ones long for my return from the voyage,
For whom, I am the only soul to care.

5 comments:

Gena D said...

Roy, you write soooo well! You truly are talented! Gena

Roy Cherian Cherukarayil said...

Thanks Gena for dropping by and giving your feedbacks..it helps me move forward.

Anonymous said...

hello roy

your words express your latent emotions well.
keep up the good work!
reeja

Roy Cherian Cherukarayil said...

Thanks Reeja for your compliments and specific feedbacks..

Unknown said...

The spirit conveyed is inspiring! God bless!!