Saturday, August 15, 2020

JAI HIND!! I TRIED THE COLOURS

The picture below is not our national flag. It's just my trying to work with the colours of our flag today. I did this using the Mircrosoft Paint Brush package. I tried the saffron, the white, the green and the blue colours, one by one and then thought deeply whether I had something special for any one colour, just one colour that the entire flag should have.


I strongly felt that all these colours have to be together on our flag and it shouldn't be just one colour. We should strive to keep the colours and our nation together and thus protect our nation from the evil forces emerging from within ourselves.

I think the fervour of the parade and our anthem and the national flag was intense when I was young. But as I grew old and the bizarre happenings around me eat into my partriotic faith, I found it a challenge to see the flag with the same fervour. When I was a child, I was taught the principles of our great forefathers like Gandhi. I was never taught about dealing with the forces who disturb the unity of our country. I could appreciate the colours in the flag then and about those colours being together. I was taught peace, but now as a matured adult, I see everything other than peace around me. We should teach our children to deal with these forces and not to lose faith. We should teach them to protect our country always.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Very true.The tricolour colour always remind us about the true value of unity,harmony and peace among each other.
Very creative thought. Great work.

Unknown said...

Amazing writing work. I have been habited in Cherry's world since an year

Unknown said...

Freedom at mid night was from the white skin in black cloth not from black skin in white cloth..!
How do we interpret the freedom?
We are still the victims of inhumane behaviour of barbaric politicians grimace.
As an innocent child, we celebrated independence day with the joy of colours, enjoyed the holiday, a lot of sweet and payasam from unexpected!
The real meaning of freedom was unknown to me and friends. The spirit of celebration was drained when we realised the meaning of freedom.
"Every love has got a self motive"
The joy of colours fading endlessly...still the innocent children waving the tricolour with lot of enthusiasm....vanthe matharam.

Jayarajan Raman Azhikodan
Bangalore

Binu Ittyerah said...

Yes, Freedom starts with the self and then into the whole wide world.
Well written. All the best Roy !! πŸ˜€ πŸ‘πŸ‘Œ

Anitha said...

Well written.Patriotism should be imparted right from childhood.

Naveen Srikanth D said...

Superb writtenπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

Anonymous said...

Good thought and inspiration to new generation... Jai Hind..
You are good writer. God bless you...
Jacob.
Saudi

Meeja Susan said...

Right from our school days we are taught about our National Flag and our great leaders. But dont know how many follow it. Every individual loves to be independent. I feel in this generation all have become selfish in their own ways. Children should be taught with lot of sharing, sacrifices, respect etc... Tks Roy for colouring the tri colour and let that colours bring us freedom of joy. All the bestπŸ‘

Issac Nigeria said...

Let this tricolor drive our strong motto unity in diversity. Great article dear Roy, it's a good thinking on this new normal digital era. Congrats..

Anonymous said...

Uncle.... It's so true that we forget/ avoid to see what is gng around us... I feel it is high time to teach everyone to work together against the evil around. This little post has put it some light to what we all need to see.