Monday, December 30, 2013

ANOTHER NEW YEAR





The dust and din of the city,
Was the same as ever,
As I set out for work,
Today morning.
My wife saw me off,
At the gate.
My daughter was still sleeping,
After we sat late yesterday,
To solve some maths problems.
She wants to score,
The highest mark,
And stand tall amidst her friends.

This journey of mine,
Is just another race,
Like that of my daughter,
And it will continue,
As money still seems to be important,
And I feel good,
When I receive it,
Every month end.
Soon my daughter may also,
Pursue a job,
Like me for money.
But what then is there in a New Year for me?
Just to call and up and greet,
A few friends and dear ones,
To hang out and party,
And to plan and break,
Some resolutions?

I think it is important,
To dream,
As to what all I can do,
With passion,
While I still exist on this earth.
I believe that I should dream more,
And search within me,
What I am made for,
While I step into the NEW YEAR.
I should compete with just myself.
My daughter will then  follow my steps,
When she sees the joy on my face,
While I passionately pursue my dreams.

14 comments:

mahesh said...

A thoughtful poem - happy new year sir!

Atul said...

Thanks Roy!!!! This is the best New Year Wishes I have ever recieved :)

MJ said...

Thoughtful poem!

PR said...

Thanks a lot Roy for your Wishes and for your Poem... it is so good... :)

RC said...

Thanks for wishing us with such a wonderful poem Sir ; we are really blessed to be associated with a special soul like you.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful and prosperous 2014.

Thanking the Almighty who connected us at critical junctions of our personal and professional life;
and we will be running short of words if we have to explain on how we have been interacting ,helping and shaping our career ourselves...

Hope we take our creative collaboration to next level in coming years.

Prabhu said...

Dear Roy,
Hearty Thanks for your Wishes and the poem . As Always i see in your writings, the poem is fabulous and thought provoking.

Thanks again and Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year 2014.

Anukool said...

Awesome poetry Cherry.. Wishing you and your family also a very happy new year

Srini Balaji said...

Hi Roy
Thanks for the nice poem and I wish you will have best and joyful new year 2014.

DM said...

Wonderful :))
Wish you win your dreams :)) good luck and have beautiful year ahead.

MM said...

Nice one Roy!

Wish you and your family a very happy and prosperous new year!

JM said...

Hi Roy,

Thanks a lot for the Wishes!!! Wishing you and your family the Very Happy New Year 2014 with full of joy and happiness! I like the quote very much,really impressive :)

BSR said...

Wow Roy.

Thank you so much for sharing it...

A very happy new year to you and your family...

KRM said...

nice thought... thanks for sharing.....

AM said...

Its really nice to read through..gud ones..keep writing all the best :)