Sunday, March 15, 2020

GIRAFFES @ THE SINGAPORE ZOO

This is the closest that we can get to see the giraffes anywhere. The Singapore zoo gave me and my family that setting. At the Chennai zoo, we saw one stand still for half an hour at a hundred metres distance, and then we lost patience and could not wait anymore. Here we saw them walk past and at one point, although I could not click the photograph, I saw one of them so close, with me standing at the level of its head and neck.

This is because they are given a small breadth area to wander and there a viewing facility for the visitors right through the length of the giraffe's wandering strip. And the best part is that there is one elevated place where we can see the giraffe at its head level.

The photographer always has a challenge that he can't enjoy the best scenes if he is in pursuit of taking snaps. So I let go a few shots and enjoyed the scenes.



We would be terribly mistaken if we take them to be meek animals as their faces tend to portray. I have watched some of the videos of lions and tigers trying to attack them and went awestruck with the power of their kicks. The tall legs prove to be a great advantage and strength in these times of danger.








No comments: