Tuesday, October 1, 2019

ON MY BIRTHDAY -OCT 1

After a long stretch of working out of home, I had to be at office today although I would have preferred to remain at home. One of the factors that drove me was the day long power cut in our locality that was communicated to us the previous evening. Running the air condition with an inverter is never a good idea.  

Another reason why I wanted to be at office, was to complete a bunch of activities that had to be done out of that location, but literally nothing got completed. The return journey was even more eventful with quite a number of road blocks and traffic diversions and it took about two and half hours by the time I reached home.  But once home it was something else.

My daughter had come in from her college hostel for my birthday although she was in the middle of her exams. Seeing her compensated for all the bumps that I had gone through the day. There were no cakes or candles, but nice gifts from my sister, long chats and some different food that my wife got ready. It was a well spent time.



I had hidden my birthday from my Facebook page about a week back as my previous experiences of cleaning up my timeline after a birthday had been humungous. Birthday wishes would normally keep pouring right through the day and it's akin to how a human body responds to an enema procedure before an operation. Facebook wishes have now become like an involuntary response. Even if someone wrongly types 'Happy Birthday' on our timeline i.e wishing us on a day other than the birthday, the inundation, if at all it stops, has to stop by itself and that too, only at the close of day probably. Earlier days, wishes used to come like ten or fifteen solid single crackers. Now, it's more like a 5000 wallah cracker taking off. We cannot stop it even if we want to :)
So this time, it was absolute silence.

Many entities within which I operate like my professional circle, service circles, study circles, church and singing circles, college circles and other social circles went quiet. But still some relatives and friends especially school classmates messaged me and amongst these, some even called to wish me. All of them successfully touched my stone heart.

No comments: